Staring At The Moon

By Cassandra Soldo

“It’s so beautiful,” you say in absolute awe.

I have to agree, it is a stunning scene.

The moon is huge and full, glowing soft yellow against the deep, dark sky. Some clouds are rippling in front of it, but the light is so strong that it shines through the seams. I would only need a glance to see the round craters etched into its surface. That is, if I was looking at it.

While you stare at the moon, I can’t help but stare at you.

Your eyes are just as brilliant as the moon, but there’s two of them. They’re two magnificent silver circles, even if you claim they are a dull boring gray. It’s dark, of course, but the light of the moon is caught in your eyes, making them twinkle like a pair of stars, more striking than the actual stars of the sky. The moon is only partly to blame for this sight. The lantern sitting between us illuminates the rest of your face, and your eyes shine even brighter. They’re big and wide, filled with stunned amazement. It clouds them, but your eyes are persistent and shimmer through the blockage, making the view all the more appealing.

I can’t help but stare at you, while you stare at the moon.

“It’s breathtaking, don’t you think?” you say, still completely captivated.

I sigh in agreement, “The most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.”

Comments