Eros

by Charlotte Frick

Why, Lord Eros, have you not struck me with an arrow?
Have my sacrifices left at your temple not pleased you?
Has your mother, Aphrodite, forsaken me?
Has she fated me to fall for a fool?
Or am I the fool to thing she has fated me to fall at all?

I am but a supplicant at the alter of love
Begging, pleading for one to love
And one to love me

Take me to be yours.
Take me to be your new Psyche
Take me, thought it may anger your mother
Take me to be your bride

I will be faithful.
I will not stray from your heavenly gaze
Same me from the fate
Of being unloved for all eternity

If you will not take me as your wife,
Strike me with your arrow
Have me fall for a prince or a pauper,
It matters not his status,
Only that he is worthy of my love and your respect

Oh Lord Eros,
I beg of you
Strike me with your arrow
Show me the way to love

Comments